Dallas Texas VIP Insurance Inspection
Consumers occasionally have trouble finding affordable property insurance because some insurers fear their homes will generate too many claims. Insurance companies may label these homes "uninsurable." In many cases, these homes are in older rural or inner-city neighborhoods.
Texas´ Voluntary Inspection Program (VIP) offers owners of well-maintained homes a way to show insurers that they deserve coverage.
Under the VIP, a home receives a "certificate of insurability" if it passes an inspection by a credentialed inspector. Art Neidich is qualified by the Texas Department of Insurance (License Number 13905111349) and is here to perform your Texas VIP Insurance Inspection for you to receive the insurance coverage your home deserves.
A certificate of insurability creates a presumption your home is insurable. If you have a certificate, an insurance company cannot refuse to sell or renew a policy because of your home's condition unless the insurer re-inspects it and describes the deficiencies in writing.
Once you have a certificate of insurability, it is good for three years, as long as you do not make substantial changes to your property. If that happens, an insurer can require an additional inspection. An insurance company may also require a written statement from you that there have been no significant changes to the property since it was inspected.To receive a certificate of insurability, a home must meet a list of reasonable standards issued by the TDI. These include, but are not limited to:
- good maintenance, with no unrepaired damage and no accumulation of trash, brush, or debris in the yard
- wiring in good working condition, with no flickering lights or evidence of overheating
- no curled, cracked, or significantly deteriorated roof coverings, or missing shingles
- plumbing, heating, and cooling systems in good condition and free from leaks
- space heaters and hot water heaters properly vented and not too close to walls and furniture
- no unfenced swimming pools, hot tubs, fish ponds, bodies of water, or trampolines
- property accessible to fire-fighting equipment
- no signs of active termites or unrepaired insect damage
Many homes can easily meet the standards for a certificate of insurability.
For more information contact: ConsumerProtection@tdi.state.tx.us or visit http://www.tdi.texas.gov/commercial/invipplan.html
Our Dallas Texas VIP Insurance Inspection Experts Provide These Services
- Texas VIP Insurance Inspection
- FHA Inspection
- Foundation Certification
- House Inspections
- Insurance Inspections
- Specialty Inspections
- Texas Voluntary Inspection Program
- Property Inspector
- Home Inspections
- Property Inspections
- Insect Damage Inspection
- Home Inspector
We Provide Texas VIP Insurance Inspections in the Following Towns in Texas
Dallas, TX | Red Oak, TX | Farmers Branch, TX | Frisco, TX | Waxahachie, TX | University Park, TX | Highland Park, TX | Preston Hollow, TX | Addison, TX | Plano, TX | View More Service Areas
Recent Articles about Texas VIP Insurance Inspection
- Top 3 Ways To Pick The Best Dallas Building Inspector - Are you trying to choose the best building inspection services? In this article we are going to talk about 3 ways to make sure you hire a good service. Best Way To Pick A Building Inspector So, how do you decide on a particular company or individual to help you make sure you are making [...]
- Dallas Home Buyer Inspections Frequently Asked Questions
- Buying a home can be a nerve racking time of your life. If you are a first time Dallas home buyer it is also confusing. When you are buying a home you are both nervous and excited at the same time. The Dallas home inspection process seems to be a confusing part of the home buying process. [...]