Dallas FHA Inspections
Where are FHA Compliance Inspections needed?
Art Neidich is an approved FHA property inspector (D683). We are pleased to offer our Dallas FHA inspection services to homeowners throughout our service areas in need of this specialty.
If you are considering securing a FHA loan, you should know that all FHA loans require property appraisals, but not all require the submittal of a FHA Compliance Inspection Report (HUD-92051). This report is only needed in specific circumstances and should be confirmed first with your lender. Some typical examples would be:
- A new home under construction and not completed at the time the FHA appraisal is done
- Existing homes undergoing major remodeling or reconstruction
- Repairs or upgrades to manufactured home* foundations, specified by a professional engineer
- Home repairs specified by a FHA appraiser
- Roof repairs specified by a roof inspector
- Damage by wood destroying organisms (WDO)
- Grading or site issues on a new manufactured home or site built home
- Installation issues on a new manufactured home
- Construction or completion issues on a new site built home
- Distance separation issues regarding septic tanks, wells and chemically treated soil
- Additions to manufactured homes
- Verification of the proper completion of a new manufactured home or new site built home
*Note: a “manufactured home” according to the FHA is a structure that is transportable in one or more sections. In traveling mode, the home is eight feet or more in width and forty feet or more in length. For more details, click here.
Compliance inspections are to be completed only by an approved FHA Inspector. Occasionally an underwriter will misinterpret the FHA/HUD reporting requirements and request that a Compliance Report be signed and sealed by a professional engineer. However, there is no place on the form for an engineer's signature and seal. The Compliance Report is to be signed only by a FHA Inspector.
When a foundation is in need of inspection for a FHA loan, there are some things you should know. A qualified Foundation Certification must be submitted appropriately according to either of these situations:
- Signed and sealed Compliance Report with no improvements or upgrades
- or -
- Signed and sealed Foundation Certification (or Engineering Certification) specifying upgrades and/or repairs and a Compliance Report signed by a FHA Fee Inspector stating that the repairs or upgrades have been satisfactorily completed.
We are able to provide Dallas Foundation Certifications in compliance with the HUD Permanent Foundation Guide for Manufactured Homes (PFGMH – HUD 7584), a requirement for all FHA-insured loans. Please contact us if you are in need of this service.
For more information on HUD requirements and topics related to Foundation Certifications, visit https://www.foundationcerts.com/faq_fi.html. We work in conjunction with Harrison Engineering, LLC to provide these services.
Our Dallas FHA Inspection Experts Provide These Services
- FHA Inspections
- FHA Loans
- Loan Inspections
- House Inspections
- Foundation Certification
- FHA Loan Inspection
- FHA Inspections in Dallas
- Property Inspector
- Home Inspections
- Property Inspections
- Dallas FHA Inspections
- Home Inspector
We Provide FHA Inspections in the Following Towns in Texas
Dallas, TX | Red Oak, TX | Farmers Branch, TX | Frisco, TX | Waxahachie, TX | University Park, TX | Highland Park, TX | Preston Hollow, TX | Addison, TX | Plano, TX | View More Service Areas
Recent Articles about FHA Inspections
- What You Should Expect on an Dallas FHA Renovation Appraisal - So you have found the house that you want to buy and the contract has been written for the asking price. How do you know that the house that you are going to buy is worth what the seller is asking? You are going to make a lot of repairs to the property once you [...]
- Dallas – Negotiation After Home Inspection - Negotiating the price of the Dallas house you intend to buy is quite a tedious process, but very rewarding if done the right way. In fact, you could actually save a few thousands of dollars on the final price if you are able to negotiate in a fair but firm manner. There are few methods that [...]